Find out how our account fees can work for you
What do we mean when we say Selftrade is competitive? We’re one of the few providers that allow you to deduct both Dealing Commission and Funds Platform Fees from your standard Custody Fee, which means you might reduce it down to nil.
Here we explain how this works.
Points to remember:
All ISA and SIPP accounts come with a Dealing Account free of charge.
ETPs (including ETFs), Investment Trusts and Mutual Funds (including Unit Trust and OEICs) also incur charges from the provider of the investment. Please see their website, prospectus or Key Information Document (KID) for their charges.
*SIPPs incur an additional charge on top of the custody fee, these are charged directly by the SIPP provider. The Selftrade SIPP (provided by Gaudi) fees are outlined in detail on our fees page. If you are with a provider from our SIPP Panel, please refer to your provider’s website for full fees.
Research suggests that the average investor has funds with more than one provider. That can mean duplicating and paying more in unnecessary fees.
By consolidating your investments with Selftrade, you can take advantage of our market leading rates. Here’s how that can make a difference.
More than £1,400 better off with Selftrade in just 10 years
The illustration below shows how much more your investment could be worth after 10 years by consolidating with Selftrade. This scenario is based on a total investment of £40,000 held in ISAs with Selftrade and a leading competitor. A total of £10 ,000 is held with Selftrade across four different stocks with the remaining £30,000 held with a leading competitor and spread across four funds.
1. By consolidating everything with Selftrade, a saving of £111 is realised in the first year due to the low flat quarterly fee and a Funds Platform Fee that is 30% lower than a leading competitor
2. The £111 fee saving is invested into a fund with assumed average market returns of 4% p.a.
3. The annual fee savings are reinvested each year over a 10-year period.
4. After 10 years, the reinvested fee savings are now worth £1,486.
5. As a percentage of net returns on the £40,000 (now worth £59,210 assuming the same 4% market returns), the fee savings equate to a 7.7% uplift in investment returns.
We are fully authorised and regulated by the FCA, which means we comply with all FCA regulations as the custodian of your money. We hold your money separately to our own to keep this secure. Under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme your investment portfolio is protected up to the value of £85,000 with each broker or investment platform.
Please remember, that each individual investment you hold must also be regulated in order to receive the protection of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. See www.fscs.org.uk/ for further details.